Sunday, August 21, 2011

Waiting . . .

There is an old house at the end of Elm Street in downtown Woodstock, GA, that has been boarded up for quite some time. I've been trying to get in there for almost two years and this weekend, I finally got my chance. It's amazing how lack of human contact can destroy an inanimate object. You would think wear and tear would be far more damaging, but not so. Neglect is the most powerful destructive force on the planet. When anything is neglected, from property to relationships, great damage takes place. I believe it is the lack of love that is so dark. When something waits to be loved, there is great energy being lost.

This house is waiting for restoration. Luckily, it's going to happen. My job was to take artful before shots. Each room was filled with debris and longing. Are humans any different. How many rooms do I have filled with debris and longing? What about you? We can't do life on our own, I'm finding. We may as well board our entrances and sit in a forgotten lot and waste away.

It doesn't have to be that way. But somebody has to be willing to fight for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment