Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tom

Tom was an avid photographer who worked with my wife. Through his contacts, he was kind enough to offer us a stay at Lake Chatuge in North Georgia a few months back. From what I understand, he was fond of sharing things he enjoyed with people. While we were there, we did some hiking and came up on this creek in the forest. It was quiet and peaceful and full of natural, clean energy; something I rather needed at the time and probably need more often now than I realize. This was the shot I captured. I didn't know him enough to say we were good friends, but his kindness was more than beneficial and I greatly appreciated the time he helped us spend away. Several weeks passed after that trip and I heard that Tom had taken his own life.  I don't know what great struggles plagued him, but whatever they were, they are gone now. I like to imagine he's now sitting next to a quiet stream much like this one, enjoying the natural revitalizing energy of God's creation. From one photographer to another, this shot is for you, Tom. I wish you peace.

1 comment:

  1. Tom was wonderful to work with, I miss him. So very kind, and always putting a positive spin on matters. Thanks for the tribute, Rob.

    ReplyDelete